Monday, June 21, 2010

οἶδα οὐδὲν εἰδώς

Well, as a French student studying in Canada, now more than ever, and through the last two years, I have been enriching, and building up my personality and understanding of the world like never before.

This blog arrived at the good moment to answer some existentialist questions I would be too lazy to work on otherwise.

It’s all about my place in the world. I am Jewish, and I believe in a land for the Jewish people, as history proved its complete integration would “never” happen. But, more than being Jewish, I am foremost a global citizen. Therefore, I believe in a place in the world, BUT among other places. I still have this idealist perspective inherent to the young people, before they realize life is not that easy. But I will strive to keep it as long as possible, since only idealistic people had the guts to fight for relevant causes.

More than curiosity, I believe it is a duty to engage in such reflections if one day I plan to settle in Israel. I should then continue the Yes Man experience whenever I am offered to complete my understanding (with books, conversations etc.).

I wrote a brief passage on a Political Science Understanding, I think it was also an exercise to find my place in this world, but for different matters: consuming while being respectful of others.

Moreover, meditation is a way to approach these burning questions with zeal. The Buddhist understood this “holistic understanding of the world”. Nobody has the perfect truth and it is interesting to try to seek the big picture by matching all these scattered edges, while at the same time being conscientious of the limits of such a quest. As Socrates stated it: “I know that I do not know” ("οἶδα οὐδὲν εἰδώς" in greek)......Oh no...I know one thing: my McGill ID is 260321391!!


Socrates was the first Buddhist?

No comments:

Post a Comment